Monday 28 January 2019

How to create colourful 3D butterflies











Hello everybody

i just recently created this box and a lot of people asked about the butterfly.
So i decided to do a quick tutorial about it and i`m glad to say it`s just gone live on my Youtube channel.
You don`t need to head over now, just watch it here:



I have used the stamp and die set i had in one of my previous craft boxes that are from crafters companion, as mentioned before.
The butterfly has been coloured in with colorista markers from spectrum noir, but i explain all that in my tutorial!

What else can is say? The products are easy to use and create beautiful results, and the box as seen above was one of them!
It`s a whopping 7" x 4" x 2" and the lid was made from a hand coloured page of one of the colorista colouring blocks that crafters companion sell.

The card stock is very sturdy and has glittery accents all over it and it is a pleasure to colour them in and sort of create your very unique version of the specific motif and then use it as your own designer card stock!

The bottom of the box was made from stampin up  extra thick card stock as it was a perfect match to the sturdy lid.

I will bake some German cookies, fill the box with it and send it out randomly to one of my friends who said they loved the box as a surprise gift.

I`m so happy i found my mojo back and i hope you will give it a try and design your own 3 D butterflies as any stamp will do really!

Let me know how you got on and have a good night!

Nite nite 
JoJo xx