Sunday 15 May 2016

Double Diamond Fold Card




Good morning everybody!

I came across a template for a double diamond folded card and decided to give it a try and see how it works out.

So i thought it would be more complicated than it actually was..
just a few score lines and valley and mountain folds and the base of the card was already done.

I liked the idea of just stamping 2 different sized butterflies all over my card stock to create a patterned paper and when the card was folded and stood up i  quite liked the look,  so i went ahead with a second one straight away.

For the panels in the middle i decided to die cut a  pretty frame like shape and used coordinating card stock in dark green for it, adding a second one, slightly smaller and i used foam pads to stick them on to each other and then onto the card.

I punched out my butterfly and stamped the butterfly image over my punched out shape, then added it to the panel to add a 3 D dimension to my card.

To finish the card off i tied a colour coordinating bow from some pretty organza ribbon and glued it below the panel.

The overall appearance of this double diamond fold card is stunning and i think they are great table decorations on a wedding  or anniversary party, where you could use these as place cards.

I hope you like my little project here and maybe remeber it when you have a bigger party planned!

Have a very nice Sunday and happy crafting

JoJo xx