Wednesday 25 April 2018

Large Cylindrical Flower Box
















Hi everybody

today, i decided to give it a try and design a cylindrical box and this is the finished box.
I used my nesting circle dies and a compass as template makers, and the box is almost 4"  in diameter, 5 inches tall ( the bottom part) and richly decorated with paper roses and crochet lace trims.

The DSP i used to decorate the box is from stampin up, and was available as a freebie during the past Sale-A-Bration promotion.

I still had various ribbons and pearls in my stash which i also used to decorate the lid as you can see.
The roses and most decorations are glued down with hot glue and i managed to not burn any of my fingers this time!
Last time i burnt my finger badly and had a huge blister on for a few weeks. I do not recommend to test glue temp on skin when using hot glue guns.. 

Overall, it was quite easy to make this box, it got tricky when decorating the basic box with DSP.
This type of projects is ideal to use up left over ribbons, laces and tinsel trims... also , the paper roses are easy to make or can be purchased redy made for a few pounds only in most craft shops.

I like how the finished box looks  and just noticed that a tealight holder, that was given to me by my team member Catherine, perfectly fits into this box, so i can store it in there.
The style is very similar, so it looks a bit like the two were made for each other really!

Thanks for dropping by tonight and have a good evening

JoJo xx