Monday 23 April 2018

Explosion Box for 40th Birthday
















Good evening everybody,

i was not posting for a few days because i have moved with my Studio 8 to a new venue, and now, everything will be even better than before!
With immediate effect, i am now running the Craft Cafe by JoJo at the Allendale Golf Course Club House, catering the many golf competitions and the Club House as well as running all my fabulous workshops at this venue!
The new dates will be listed shortly, but please bear with me because i am really busy with getting my Studio 8 craft room set up as well as a lot of private commitments i have to make, e.g. attending a funeral of a good friend of mine tomorrow afternoon.
Rest assured i am working really busily behind the scenes to get everything up and running but i also was obtaining all legal qualifications that are needed to run a catering business, which involved quite a bit of e-learning and assessments.
(I am happy to say i passed with flying colours and 97%, which i find quite good for a non native speaker.)

So this is my today`s make, an exploding box for my sister who turns 40 on May 8th, plus a cooking spatula handmade from birch wood that has the shape of a shark. 
You must know that my sister is a passionate sailor who sails large yachts overseas and has also encountered sharks so the present for her birthday is a hint at her passion, too.

I love the brand new stamp set which i won at the Onstage local event in Telford earlier this year...
it will soon be available to order as May is approaching swiftly...
I combined Brushos and the Better together stamp set on white card stock, pear pizzaz and lemon lime twist card stock for the box and lid, i used the free embossing folder and the free ribbon we could get during the recent sale a bration promotion, die large numbers die set to cut my numbers and the happy birthday die as well.. the complete shopping list will be below this post as usual for easy reference.

The box was made from 12" x 12"  card stock in pear pizzaz, the lid was made from lemon lime twist  card stock with double layered sides for extra sturdiness.

I hope you like my little make here and i appreciate your feedback.
Happy crafting and don`t forget to join my facebook group if you haven`t done so yet, and please follow my blog, too.
There is a little video i made from this project, please find it here:


Thanks for dropping by today and bye for now

JoJo xx





Product List