Tuesday 12 September 2017

The Gatefold Double X!














Good morning dear friends,

today, i quickly want to show and explain to you how to make the gatefold double x!

All you need is a piece of 12" x 12" card stock. In my case, i used the lemon lime twist and cut it in half, leaving me with 2 pieces, each 6" x 12".

Score one of the two pieces on the long side at 3" and at  9", that will be the outside of your card.
Score the 2nd piece at 3" and 9" as well, but nudge at the 6" mark on top and bottom.
Now, take a metal ruler and a stylus, and  score from your 6" nudge mark both to the bottom left and bottom right corner.
Do the same with the 6" nudge mark at the bottom and score diagonally to both the top left and top right corner.
You will find that the two diagonal score lines will exactly meet on the 3" and  on the 9" score line.

Burnish and fold your diagonal scorelines to a valley fold, and the 3" and 9" to a mountain fold.

Decorate the inside of your card with any DSP of your choice, add a sentiment to the center piece ,add some embellishments or whatever you prefer to finish off the inside of your card.

Next, glue the inner and outer card stock together so that just the center piece and the two large triangles to the left and right stick together, so your card now folds open like a gate , revealing the double x fold inside, presenting the sentiment and interior design in a very stylish way.

Rest assured this type of card will wow your recipients!



I finished my card off with a belly band made from  organza ribbon, that is fed through the center of a large die cut circle of lemon lime twist card stock.
I die cut a 2nd circle to cover up the backside , and stamped the large snowflake from the flurry of wishes stamp set , fussy cut it and cut out the center piece in a circle as well to feed the ribbon through. I layered my snowflake with dimensionals, and tied the ribbon to a double bow.
Like this, my belly band remains adjustable!

I added a few clear faceted gems here and there and that was my card finished!

I hope you like my creation an you will find the shopping list below, as usual.

Thanks for dropping by and happy crafting!
Don´t forget to let me see your makes, just

join my Facebook group here

if you haven´t done so yet and share your results there with me!
Thanks for dropping by today and bye for now

JoJo xx


Product List