Saturday 12 August 2017

The first Christmas Card of the Year 2017!













Good afternoon dear friends,

today, i have made my first Christmas Card of the year, and i started the christmas card making season with a double pleated card.
It´s easy to make and looks very elegant and is just perfect for the festive occasion i believe.
I started off with a card base in very vanilla, measuring 9" x 6 3/8", then score at 4 1/2" on the long side.
Next, cut a piece in wasabi green tp 4 1/8" x 6 1/8", then stamp it with the flurry wishes stamp set , using versamark, the heat emboss in clear to create the snowflake background.

Cut a Strip of very vanilla to 4 1/2" x 13/8" and one in wasabi green to 4 1/2" x 7/8", stamp & heat emboss the green strip a well, then layer on top of the very vanilla strip with double sided sticky tape.
Cut a strip of DSP of your choice to 5" x 10", the score 1" and 1/2", alternating, and starting with 1"on the long side of your DSP.
After scoring the whole piece of DSP, mark the two short sides at 2" and at 3" , then find the middle 1" section and cut diagonally from your 2" mark to the bottom of your middle section score line, and from the 3 " mark to the top of your middle section score line.
Do this on both short sides, then concertina. fold the DSP and secure the shape with tape from the back.
Next, glue the DSP to the ceter of your green panel, then layer the two smaller strips across it.
Glue down with tape.
Now you need to stamp your sentiment and punch it out with the pretty label punch.
I then embossed the sentiment in an embossing folder and added a piece of stcky tape to the back of it.
I also stamped the two smaller snow flakes from the flurry wishes stamp set again and also heat embossed them in clear, then punched them out with the corresponding handheld punch.
I then used golden twine to create some loops that i secured on the backside of my label on the sticky tape, using the two ends of the twine to dangle the two snowflakes from it.

To finish my card off, i  created an insert of vellum  measuring  8 7/8" x 6" and scored it in the middle to fold it in half, then used the border punch to create the pretty border and glued the vellum insert inside my card.
To create the envelope from vellum, i cut my vellum to 8 1/4" x 8 1/4", positioned the card in the middle of it  (eyeballing it) , then folded the 4 sides up to the middle so the card would sit nice and centered in it.
I cut out the corners of my envelope by hand , then assembled it with sticky tape, and that was my card and envelope done!

You can see the card here:


I hope youlike my approach on this classical card design and have fun making your own!

Thanks for dropping by and have a nice weekend

JoJo xx