Saturday 21 May 2016

Sturdy Gift Bag with a Tag


Hello and good evening ,
nice to see you here again!

I just did this cute  gift bag with a tag that i distressed with distress inks and stamped with a greeting and random flowers to match the paper of the bag.

This bag is big enough to put a cosmetic product like e.g. a hand cream in it, or larger quantities of sweets and treats!

It´s closed by a double layered  ribbon that feeds through two double ribbon slide punches on each side and is then tied to a pretty bow.

I used card stock measuring 8 " x 10 1/2 " and scored on the long side at 2", 5", 7" and again at 10"

The short side was scored at 1 1/2 " 

I then cut out my side flap that glues the box together and the bottom flaps , slightly wedging them for a better fit.

I used scor tape to put it all together and closed the bag by pinching the side panels in from the top half way down. 
To finish my bag i punched out the ribbon sliding holes and fed my ribbon through it in a double layer, bringing the ribbon back to the front and tying it to a pretty bow.

I then got one of my pre- made gift tags  in white and distressed it with lavender blue, stamped the greeting and random flowers and added a few Rhine stones to finish it off.

I hope you like my little gift bag with a matching tag and remember to make one like this when you need a pretty gift wrap for a dear friend!

Until next time and thanks for visiting my blog

JoJo xx