Tuesday 3 April 2018

Mini Explosion Box with a Shaker Lid









Hello everybody
i hope you all had a fab Easter and a successful egghunt!

Today i created a mini explosion box, which is not such a super special thing in general, but this one features a shaker element embedded in the lid , making this box somehow special.

The box was made from flirty flamingo card stock, measuring 7 1/2" squared and i scored at 2 1/2" and 5" on both sides.
I then cut diagonally into each corner to create the little triangular flaps that created my pockets.
I used all 5 brusho colours to create my DSP by spritzing the white card stock with brushos and water, then die cut the scalloped circles in various sizes from it to create my flowers i used to decorate my box.
For the lid i cut my card stock to 6 5/8" squared and scored at 1"  and 2" on each side.
I used the scalloped circle die set to cut my aperture for the shaker element to the lid and also created a frame from my own made DSP.
Using window sheets, i covered the aperture with clear acetate from the backside and stamped my sentiment from the oh so eclectic stamp set on white card stock , then glued it to the the inside of my lid , trapping colour matching sequins behind my acetate window. I used dimensionals to create the space between the acetate and the white card stock.
After that i folded my score lines of the lid and glued the lid together, then punched 2 holes on each side of the lids sides to feed my ribbon through.
I tied my ribbon to a pretty bow, then used clear faceted gems to decorate my flowers and the lid.
For the pockets inside my box i die cut scalloped circles that fit in the pockets from white card stock, so personal messages can still be added.

This cute little box is perfect for a little cash gift, or a valentines message, or really anything else that  looks nicer when presented in a gift box rather than just in an envelope!

I hope you like my little make and please find the material list below.
Happy crafting and i am really looking forward to meeting new folks on Saturday, when it`s time for the onstage event in Telford.
Me and my team will be attending, and i have made gorgeous swaps  and am looking forward to swapping!
I am sure i will come back with a lot of inspiration and even better with the pre order items from the new catalogue.
Cannot wait to get there really!
Wishing everybody a safe travel to Telford and see you there!

Bye for now and thanks for dropping by

JoJo xx



Product List