Sunday 9 April 2017

Squashy Card in a Mini Book








Good evening friends,

my last make for today is this cute little book that holds a squashy card with a sweet message.
It´s a very cute way to tell someone that you´re in love, isn´t it?

I made it from a piece of card stock measuring 6" x 12", and i scored the long side at 3", 6" and 9" and the short side at 3".
I then scored the diagonals in every square on my card stock, connecting all the opposite corners with them.
I the got rid of the 2 smaller triangles on both long sides , as you can see in the pictures, and i also got rid of the larger triangles on both sides of the short sides.
You will be left with the shape as seen in the picture.
I folded and burnished my score lines in a way that the two outer parts will fold inwards whilst the middle part will fall outwards, so that the card folds down to a tiny little square that fits in the mini book. 
I decorated the inside with the Moroccan nights DSP and 2 white squares that i stamped my sentiments on.
I then created the box for my little squashy card from a piece of card stock measuring 6 3/4" x 3 1/8"
i scored the long side on 3/4", 3", 4 3/4" and 6"
and i scored the short side on 3/4".
I assembled my box, cutting in the flaps on the long side and used my 1/2" circle punch to punch the finger gap.
What was left to do was create the cover for my little book, and i used a piece of card stock measuring 5 3/4" x 2 5/8" and i scored the long side at 2 1/2" and 3 1/4".

I also decorated my little box with DSP, and added a magnetic closure by creating a little strip from the same DSP and adding mini magnets to the box as well as the  strip, and my little box was done!

Don´t you just love this cute little make?

I glued my box in n a way that its bottom is on the side where the mini book opens up so the card can never fall out  by accident and also you cannot see immediately what the box holds.
I just cannot get enough of this little make!

Thanks for dropping by and good night
JoJo xx


Product List