Thursday 6 April 2017

Easter table decoration for a little treat in pyramid box!




Good morning everybody,
i hope you are all doing well? 

I want to start the day with a quick table decoration as Easter is around the corner.. it´s a cute little pyramid box that can easily hold a sweet treat, and a tag that can be used for the name of your guests or just a cute sentiment like the one i used...

It´s a very easy to make box and is made from a square piece of card stock measuring 7 7/8" x 7 7/8".
You will need to notch it onall 4 sides at the 4 " mark, and score at 2 5/8" and 5 1/4" on 2 sides.

Once your scoring is done, get rid of the 4 large squares in every corner, and score from your notch marks down in triangle shapes to the corners of the central square.
Burnish your score lines, then rub the surface with the embossing buddy to get rid of fingerprints before stamping your motif and heat embossing it in white.
I stamped the funny chicken from the Hey,Chick stamp set that was  freebie during Sale- A-Bration and heat embossed it in white.

After that i cut down the side flaps to both sides of my triangles to create 1/4" wide flaps to glue my box together. I left the flaps slightly wider than that on one triangle, as this helps the box close better.
Opposite the triangle with the slightly wider flaps. i punched  two holes with my 1/8" handheld circle punch to the upper end of the triangle, to feed my ribbon through. I did the same with the triangle with the wider flaps, fed my ribbon through and glued the 3 sides of my box together with double sided tape.

The box is closed by pulling the ribbon through all 4 holes and done up in a pretty bow.
I finished with a few Rhine stones here and there to add some bling.

For the tag i punched out  two circles, 2"  an 1 3/4" with my circle punches and added my sentiment by stamping it in Blackberry Bliss.
A piece of white ribbon was glued in between the two circles so that it would stick out as seen.

Now i hope you like my little pyramid and give it a try , too!

Thanks for reading all this and have a good day

JoJo xx