Sunday 19 March 2017

Handmade paper flowers on a giant Tag Card!









Hello everybody,

today, i don´t feel too well so all i made today was ths giant tag-shaped card.
I made all the flowers on this card by hand, using the succulents die set and the pansy punch to create them.
I just die cut 5 or 6 layers of the flowers, ran all of them through a paper crimper and made a hole in the centers, feeding a brad through. Then i just crimped every single layer up and to the center to crush the paper as much as possible.
I used the succulents designer paper from stampin up. After i crushed all the layers up, i carefully opened the layers up a little bit, shaping my flowers. Once i was happy with my flower i distressed the edges of the paper randomly with the wasabi ink pad from stampin up.
I also die cut various leafes in different sizes and shapes and ran them through the paper crimper several times before crushing them up ,too.
This technique gives the paper a quite realistic look when unfolded again, and i distressed the edges again.
I added various scrap bits of colour matching ribbons to the back of my largest flower, securing them into the brad as well. I then used hot glue to glue my flowers in place on the front panel.
The front panel was made from a piece of designer paper from the oh so succulent range, too and i distressed the edges  with my scissors and then inked them in wasabi green, too.
I did the same with my card stock, distressing it with scissors then adding the ink to get this used look.
i also die cut a small panel in white card stock to hold the designer paper with a stamped setiment, distressing and inking the edges of those, too.
To finish my card off, i punched  a hole to the center of the upper side and put an eyelet in, allowing to feed through some organza ribbon to tie to a bow.

I hope you like my giant tag card  and will also give it a try, i will be adding the measurements of the card in due course.
Thanks for dropping by and reading all this!

JoJo xx
Product List