Friday 24 February 2017

Bespoke Gift Box for handmade Biros!






Good evening friends,

i just completed these tailor made gift boxes for my hand assembled biros...they are an ideal gift for any special occasion you can imagine.. each and every biro is unique, and not one looks like the other!
I will be selling these in my online shop shortly! Once online, i will of course post the link here.

The gift boxes are made from card stock that is decorated with a stamped panel and a punched flower. A detailed list of all the items i used for this project will be at the bottom of this post.

First of all, gut 2 pieces of card stock, each measuring 8" x4"
Now score both pieces like the  following: 

Short side: score at 1" and 3"
long side : score at 1" and 7"

Before scoring the 2nd piece, make sure to do the following:
Use a piece of cardstock and put it standing up vertically to the side of the piece you want to score in your score board, and then score the score marks. This will make the second piece slightly wider as the score mark will be slightly further out than on the 1st piece, enabling the lid to fit over the bottom once assembled!

The finished score lines will give both pieces a 1" wide frame that forms the sides of the lid and bottom of your box. Just cut in each corner to create the flaps to assemble the box.

For the top panel, cut a piece of white card stock to 1 3/4 " x 5 3/4 " and stamp the flourish from the falling flowers stamp set .
Use a piece of hite card stock to stamp 2 flowers per box from the floral shop stamp set and cut it out with the coordinating punch.
Add dimensionals on the back of each flower and add one flower to your front panel.
Glue front panel in place.
I also used my smallest circle punch to punch out the sides of my lid to help making it easier to take the lid off.
Please look at the first picture to see what i mean.

For the insert, i cut a piece of whote card stock,1 7/8" x 7 3/8" and scored it at 3 1/8"m 3 5/8"m 4 3/8" and 4 7/8" to create the holder for my pen. I cut out the middle sections between my first two and last two sore lines to allow to feed through my biro.
i decorated the panel with the second punched out flower, added pearl embellishments to the centers of the flowers and my gift box was finished!

I hope you love this little gift idea as much as i do!

JoJo xx




Product List