Saturday 14 May 2016

Beautiful Card with a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Butterfly!



Hello crafty folks,

i only just bought this beautiful butterfly stamp at Houghton Hall Garden center in Carlisle, and of course i couldn´t wait to try it out and make a pretty card with it.
So i started by stamping a white piece of card stock with my butterfly in a dark purple, as well as on a piece of acetate in black with staz on ink as that will stick to acetate without smudging.
I put those away to dry and stamped another piece of white card stock in a mustard yellow and orange tone randomly with a background stamp that looks like a cracked surface until i was happy with the coverage.
I added a border in dark purple with a free stamp set that came with one of the recent card making magazines and looks like honeycombs.
I also stamped the sentiment in dark purple to the top right corner.
I then layered my stamped white cardstock on a slightly bigger peice of red card stock and adhered it to the front of my card blank.
Then i used a pair of scissors to cut out my stamped butterflies from the acetate as well as the card stock.
I then used my chameleon pens to colour in the butterfly and stamped one more flower on red card stock and punched that one out with a co-ordinating punch.
All that was left now was to layer the two cut out butterflies, shape them and adhere them to my card front, as well as the paper flower that i gave some shape on a foam board , too.
I finfished my card off with a few red half pearls that i glued to the center of the paper flawer and randomly underneath the sentiment.

I just love butterflies and am very pleased with the stamp i bought yesterday!

happy crafting everybody and speak soon

JoJo xx