Wednesday 11 April 2018

Glamorous Paper Tassels!



#









Hi folks

here is my second make of the day.. i tried some paper tassels, using the foil frenzy DSP, some laces and paper roses i still had in my stash.
I loved making these as they look cute and are really easy to make.. just burnt myself twice with the hot glue gun,hehe!

I cut a strip of 3" x 12"  and cut fringes with the paper trimmer, leaving the last 1/4" uncut, then used a piece of twine and hot glue to attach the twine and start rolling up the tassel.. i kept adding hot glue every 2 cm or so to make sure the tassel stays put.
I then glued the paper flowers to the top if it and glued small bits of lace and other trims around the neck, securing it in place with the glue gun, and that was my tassel done!

While i was making these i thought they would have made great swaps for Telford, too!

As one can vary the length of the fringes and the thickness of the tassel, it is possible to make really big tassels as well as smaller ones, but they are great decorations for self made mini albums, altered boxes and many more occasions.
It is also a great way to use up DSP leftovers... i will probably be making many more just to use the DSP up as the new catalogue is about the be launched and my papers will retire.. time to make paper beads and tassels i think!
I hope i can inspire you to give this a try too, it`s easy quick and good fun and the result is looking fab, isnt it?

Happy crafting folks! See ya!

JoJo xx