Friday 15 December 2017

Male gift wrap with matching card







Good afternoon dear friends,

as Christmas is coming closer, i am having more and more customers walking in, asking me to create a gift wrap for their odd shaped presents, and this is one of the options i come up with.

I take the measurements of the item that needs wrapping, and create a simple box that is open to the top, no lid.
I then use acetate to create a lid. In order for the lid to slide in with a flush fit, you must make it 1/16" smaller than the box size is.
E.G. your box measures 3" x 5", an is 2" high, you would need to create your lid so that it is 2 15/16" x 4 15/16" and add the 2" on all four sides to cover the height of your box.

I then created a simple card that fits underneath my acetate lid, using colour matching DSP and a ribbon and sentiment, and that was basically it!

It`s also a very good way to use up leftover card stock and DSP so for my box here i used a 12" x 12" piece of card stock and a small scrap bit of Christmas DSP...
the box can be amended in size to any object really, so simple to make and when it`s finished it looks really nice and professionally packaged.

i will be posting more this evening but i now need to make it home as we have heavy snowfalls in my area and i want to be home before the dawn.

Thanks for dropping by and until next time

JoJo xx