Wednesday 1 November 2017

Advent Calendar with a Star Box on Top!








Good evening folks,

today, i want to show you my newest creation, a re-usable advent calendar with 24 cube boxes and one larger star shaped box for the 25th.

I took inspiration from Jessica Zeek -Hoeoek who posted a picture of her calendar which also consisted of a stack of 24 cubes and the star shaped box.
 Overall there will be probably dozens of crafters out there who have made more or less similar advent calendars so credit to all of them generally.
I did not invent stacking 24 cube boxes in circles to a christmas tree shape.

Anyways...

the boxes are made from extra thick white card stock for sturdyness and the DSP i used was the 6" x 6" warmth & cheer  stack.

The die cut star on top of the starshaped box was die cut from the Starlight Thinlits Die Set and i used holographic mirror card stock in silver from Tesco for it.

Its stuck to the top with the help of a toothpick!

I die cut all the numbers for each and every day from red and green holographic mirror card stock too and i used the handheld circle punches 2 1/4" and 2" for the backgrounds.

This project is not too difficult to make except the star shaped box at the top and i am currently working on the tutorial for the box.

The 24 individual cube boxes measure 2 1/4" squared and are very simple to make.

I love how it has come out and these Advent Calendars will be available to order from my etsy store as well as for purchase in the Allendale Forge Studios at Studio8!
Feel free to drop me a visit and have a look at all my other stuff, too.

Thanks for your patience, i hope i will soon be back to normal as i was moving in to Studio 8, had a lot of orders to make with a deadline so far and on top my laptop gave up its ghost and i lost all data and spent a week recovering passwords and logins after i managed to get myself a new one.

Thanks for your patince and for dropping by tonight, bye for nw

JoJo xx