Wednesday 26 April 2017

Gift box with contrasting insert and a bellyband







Good afternoon friends and followers,

i would like to show you my newest make, and it´s a quite big gift box, that features a bellyband and a contrasting insert, that expands the box to its large size!

Apparently, you can amend the height of the insert to suit your own needs and by that make your box smaller or even larger!
It´s all being held together by the slide-on belly band, that has been decorated with a pretty rosette made from the same DSP as the insert.

The measurements for this box are as follows

night of Navy card stock for the box 10 1/4" x 5 1/2", score all 4 sides at 1 1/4"
Night of Navy card stock for the lid 11 3/4" x 7" score at  2" on all 4 sides

Belly Band 
Night of Navy 2 strips of 2" x 8 1/2", glue together to an overall length of 16 3/8", wrap around assembled box, crease the card stock round the corners to fit

Insert, made from DSP
2 strips measuring 4 3/8"  x 11 1/2", score the short sides at 1" and the long sides at 3" and 10 3/4", assemble to a rectangle to fit in your box.

I die cut a flourish from white card stock  as well as two  pretty tags in white and night of navy for my belly band, too.
The tags were layered with dimensionals and i added a rosette made from 1 1/2" wide DSP. I topped the rosette off with a white die cut butterfly and heat embossed a flourish to the front and back of my belly band.

 I hope you like this project and will enjoy case-ing it, and i don´t need you to mention all around the globe that you case-ed it from me as the reason why i am posting my projects, tutorials and blog posts is to demonstrate the usage of our products and inspire others to do the same.
Designs i don´t want to be copied or case-ed i simply don´t post.

So if you happen to follow my tutorials or step by steps and create a copy ( be it a twin or just a sibling ) of my work, i take it as a compliment and don´t get upset if you don´t mention me as the creator, honestly, i don´t need this type of credits to boost my confidence. It´s fine if you want to, but if you don´t , hell won´t break loose!

This box is my own creation and i don´t owe anybody any credits for it, just saying.
Feel free to share and get creative with your own version of this box!
Happy crafting and by for now

JoJo xx



Product List