Wednesday 8 March 2017

I love you - succulents!




Good afternoon crafty folks!

I quickly did this card today as well because on Saturday, 11th of March it´s not only my 50th birthday, but also my 6th  wedding anniversary, so this card will go out to my hubby.
I know its a quite feminine card but my husband loves my work and will appreciate the card, even if it has got pearls on it haha!

 I used the succulents designer paper from stampin up! for this card, which is really lovely , and colour coordinated my card stock with the colours of the paper...
So i cut  a piece of sweet sugarplum card stock to 5 3/4" x 11 1/2" and folded it in half, giving me  card base of 5 3/4" squared.

I then layered  a 5 1/2 " x5 1/2" piece of wild wasabi card stock , and a 5 1/4" x5 1/4" in white on top of my card, distressing the card stock with the colour coordinating inks.

To roll up the ends of my designer paper, i cut at 2 1/2" on one side vertically down for 2", then used a wooden skewer stick to roll up the ends as seen in the pictures.
Before gluing my designer paper to my card front, i made sure i stamped my flourish design in wild wasabi on to it, then put the designer paper on as well.
What was left to do was die cutting a few flowers from my succulent framelits die set, and i did them in colour matching card stock..

I also stamped my sentiment form the flourishing phrases stamp set in wasabi green and punched it out with my 1 1/2" circle punch.
I also punched out a scalloped circle in green which was slightly bigger than my sentiment circle ,and used dimensionals to layer the two circles to add some texture to my card.

What was left was to assemble my die cut flowers and arrange them on the card, gluing them down with wet glue.
I finished my card off with  pearls in the centers and two feathers i had left over from another project that matched in colour.

I hope you love this card as much as i do and you can find the shopping list below this post as usually.
Thanks for reading all this and have a nice evening!
JoJo xx



Product List