Tuesday 14 March 2017

Hexagonal intricate die cut gift box in subtle pastel lilac




Good evening friends,

i received my next stampin up! order today, and couldn´t wait to try out my new dies... they cut this beautiful hexagonal box from any card stock and come with a range of exchangeable patterns to cut patterns into the top and the sides of the box.

So i got this beautiful wisteria wonder card stock and my vellum, and started die cutting my box.
The box consists of 2 die cut pieces, and i used the hearts design for 2 panels of the side of my box, and the large pattern for the lid of my box. I just arranged the dies on my card stock and ran it through my die cutting machine.
I am always impressed how well and accurate these dies cut and  the card stock comes out so easily time and time again.. it´s so important when you craft to use really high quality dies and tools like the stampin up! range because otherwise, crafting becomes less fun and can even sometimes be disappointing, because nothing is more annoying but tearing your card stock whilst trying to get it out from your dies!!

I used white card stock to cover up my die cut patterns and glued my box together, then cut a strip of decorated vellum from my stash to make the belly band.
I punched both ends of the belly band with my scalloped tag topper  punch and re-inforced my vellum with clear sticky tape before punching the scalloped tag topper to the ends.
To hold the belly band together, i used white organza ribbon and tied a cute little bow, trimming the ends to size.
My pansy punch was used to punch out 3 layers of pansies that i distressed with my  wisteria wonder ink pad, then crushed the pansies and used wet glue to layer them to my flower.
I added a large silver rhine stone to the center of my flower before using a dimensional to put my flower on the belly band.

Below, you can find my shopping list and i hope you are as happy as i am about this cute little box.
Have a nice evening and thanks for dropping by!
JoJo xx

Product List