Sunday 26 February 2017

Leather effect Gothic Card in Gift Box

Hi there, thanks for dropping by today...

This card has a lot of gothic appeal.. it´s black is dominant and the leathery effect on the embellishments  gives it a very unusual look. It comes in a opulently decorated gift box, so in itself, the card is the gift already!

I first created the card from black card stock, layering a piece of white card stock to the center of this card.
I stamped a border around the white piece of card stock and  sentiment to the right bottom corner, using my stamp set.
I then began to die cut all my flowers, using various die shapes to create a variety of flowers, leafs and the butterfly.
I then used silver metallic gilded wax balm and rubbed a very tiny amount of it on every single die cut element, giving it this leathery look.
To shape the flowers and leafs i used ball tools of various sizes on a rubber mat so the shapes would curl up to add more texture to them.
I used my large bone folder to curl the butterfly`s wings and arranged all my embellishments to the white front panel, using glue dots to stick them in place.

To finish off my card i added rhinestones here and there and to the flower´s centers, and i cut a second panel from white card stock, stamped it with the border  as before and glued it inside my card so one can write the message in there.
It looks pretty awesome when you open the card and have a framed space to write a message!

Now that my card was finished, i felt it needed a box.
So i took the measurements from the card, paying attention to the fact that some of the decorations are exceeding the card, and created a very basic box from black card stock.
I cut both pieces of card stock the same size, but when scoring it, i slightly offset the scoring lines for the lid to make it slightly wider so it could fit over the box base.
To achieve this, i simply use a piece of the black card stock and put it to the left side of my card stock into the scoring board before scoring, so the thickness of the card stock would offset my piece to be scored slightly. I then scored all 4 sides of my lid piece at exactly the same score lines like the bottom piece, but just offsetting it on each side. This results in a flush fitting of box and lid.

Now that my box was done, i cut a third piece of card stock in white, stamping it again on all 4 sides to create the border design.
I got a piece of acetate and stamped the large butterfly, which is from IndigoBlu with Staz on ink.
After the ink had dried, i cut it out by hand with my scissors.
Again, i die cut a few flowers from the botanical builder die set and decorated the front panel with it, added rhinestones for highlights and finally glued the acetate butterfly with dimensionals to the panel.

For the inside of my box i used white silk paper to create an insert, into which goes the card.
I used black ribbon to wrap it loosely around and tied it to a ribbon, so when you open the box, you still don´t see the card immediately to raise tension!

To make this card i had to use a couple of products stampin up! doesn´t sell, but you can improvise and go through your own craft stash to find similar ones like e.g. the butterfly stamp.
Alternatively, you could die cut a large butterfly or cut out an embossed butterfly if you have a large embossing folder with a butterfly, too.

I am giving you my measurements for this project here, and below you can find the list of products i used from stampin up!

For the card you will need:

black card 7" x5"
3x white card stock 6" x4"

White silk paper ( inside the box )
 15" x  8"

black ribbon 36" long

For the box you will need:
2 x black card stock 11" x  8 1/2 "

score all 4 sides at 1 1/2"

Plus the following items:

Product List