Friday 17 February 2017

Sophisticated Gift Box!




Dear friends,

i have been crafting this morning and finally came up with this little gift box that i created, featuring a heat embossed glittering flourish and an embossed panel on the closing flap!

I think its the perfect idea for little gifts such as vouchers, tickets, sweet treats, jewelry or anything else that would fit in here!

It´s made from a 12 " x 8.5 " grey piece of card stock
I scored on the long side at 4 1/4 ", 5 3/4", 10" and 10 1/2 "
I scored on the short side at 3/4", 1 1/2", 7"and 7 3/4" 

I then got rid of the sections to the left and right of the closing flap an the right hand side of my card stock and also cut and wedged in the two flaps at the 4 1/4 and 5 3/4 " score marks.

Before burnishing  my score marks, i stamped and heat embossed my flourish on the front side wide panel, and embossed the top flap an the right hand side of my card stock with a 5 1/2" x 1 1/2" embossing folder featuring flowers.
After that it was a piece of cake to put the box together with scor tape on the side walls and the bottom flaps.
I gently squeezed the folds on the sides to move into place so that o could put the 3 magnets on the inside of the closing flap. I glued them into place and covered them up with a 5 1/2  by 1 1/2" strip of the grey card stock to make the inside look neat.

At this point it started really to look beautiful already, but i still had to get the magnets glued on my box front  to  allow easy closure .
To get them in place, i just popped them on the magnets already glued in place, folded the flap down to its final position and gave the magnets a good rub to create a slight imprint  on my box front, so i would know where they need to go.
I then used super glue to just glue all 3 of them on the imprints, and after a few seconds they would stay in place.

To make the front look neat, too, i covered them up with a 5 1/2  by 1 1/2" strip of the grey card stock just like i did with the closing flap from inside.

Now my box was already looking gorgeous, but the finishing touch was the white organza that i wrapped around the box and tied into a bow.


Feel free to leave me a comment if you fancy a video tutorial for this box!

Thanks for watching and until next time

JoJo xxx